Start your research early!
• Be prepared when you come to the Library: bring a copy
of the assignment, clean computer disks, your copy card,
money, paper, and pen/pencil.
• Make an appointment for a research paper consultation
with a Librarian. Call (562) 908-3484 or extension 3484
for details and to schedule an appointment. With a
scheduled appointment, the Librarian will be able to
assist you without interruption.
• Come to the Library and ASK A REFERENCE LIBRARIAN for
help. Call (562) 908-3484 from home; e-mail the
reference desk at
Rio Hondo College Library - Ask a Question.
For e-mail reference,
allow at least 48 hours to receive a reply.
• If doing research from home, get a copy of the
database passwords from the reference desk.
• Attend a Library orientation with your class. Ask
questions and take notes during the orientation!
• Attend Library workshops. Call (562) 908-3484 for
details or ASK A
Research Paper Checklist