• A description of the topic?
• A history of the growth or development
of the subject matter?
• Biographical information?
• Analysis of issues related to the
• Taking a stand on an issue and
providing persuasive arguments?
• Statistics, case studies, photos?
• When is the assignment due?
What types of resources and how many of
each are you allowed to consult?
• Journal articles?
• Internet Web sites?
• Read your assignment sheet and
• Make sure you know which format
(“style”) you are expected to use to cite your research sources: MLA, APA, or any
• Check with your instructor to make
sure you are clear on what you are expected to do in your paper.