|Home · About the Library · Catalogs · Online Databases · Research Help · Information Competency · Library Site Index|
Eng 101 - C.
The library is located on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors. Circulation/Reserve: 3rd fl. Reference: 2nd fl. Computers: 2nd/3rd floors. Circulating books: 3rd/4th floors.
Rio Hondo College Library webpage: http://library.riohondo.edu/
Books: WebCat is the online catalogue:
Periodical databases: these databases are useful for finding articles/reference sources on topics:
Library Research Basics
Work with a partner to answer the questions below:
1. To check out materials from RHC Library, you will need:
a. A driver's license
b. An RHC library card
c. A McDonalds' Arch Card
d. A Whittier Public Library card
2. How can I copy or print in the library?
a. With my credit or ATM card
b. With change like nickels, dimes or quarters
c. Copying and printing are free
d. With a copy card used for both copy machines and printers
3. Where can I search for books available in the library?
a. On Google
b. Through the main campus website
c. Through Rio WebCat
d. On the printer workstation located on each floor
4. The following are databases you can find periodical articles in (circle all that apply):
a. Proquest Research Database
b. CQ Researcher
c. The Internet [all articles are available for free from the internet]
5. You need a scholarly journal article for a research paper. You can use:
a. Time Magazine
b. Something from today's' LA Times
c. An article from a periodical like Nature, or Journal of Marriage and Family
d. A section of a book.
6. If you need help finding more information, or getting started in research, a good next step would be:
a. Go home and ask a friend/brother/someone from work for advice
b. Go to the Reference Desk and ask a reference librarian for help
c. Drop the class
d. Give up, and go have a burger at McDonalds
|© 2011 Rio Hondo College - 3600 Workman Mill Road Whittier CA 90601 - 562.692.0921|