1. How do I get to the Library Web page from my computer at
2. Do you have the textbook for my class?
- As a general rule, the Library does not buy textbooks (we would have
to buy hundreds as they continually change from year to year). The
library purchases secondary resources to support the curriculum.
- Some instructors place a copy of the textbook “on reserve” so that
their students can use it in the Library. To check if this is the case:
- Click on Library Catalog from the Library’s Web page
then click on Reserve Desk.
- You can search by your instructor’s name (e.g., Smith, Mary), course
number (e.g., Engl 101) or course name (e.g., Approaches to Writing).
Consult your class syllabus for this information.
- You can also ask the library staff at the Circulation Desk for
assistance. You will have to provide your course number, instructor
name, the textbook title, or sometimes all three!
- The Reserve collection is shelved behind the Circulation Desk. For
assistance, please provide the library staff with the above information.
- The majority of the books in the Reserve collection can be checked
out for Library-use only for two hours.
3. Are you open on weekends?
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
am - 3:00 pm
am - 3:00 pm
last update: TS, 05/2012