Internet Use questions
version for printing]
What do I need to do to use the Internet?
- The Library has close to 50 Internet workstations in the Computer
Commons next to the Reference Desk.
- Library has a walk-up reservation system.
- For other locations on
campus that have Internet access and printing facilities, click
Do you allow email? My instructor said I need to use the
Internet to email him/her.
- The Internet computers in the Library are primarily for research
activities, particularly since many of our online databases are
available via the Web. You may use the Internet computers for
course-related email (e.g. to email your instructor or communicate with
other students in your online classes), or for personal email.
- However, if all computers are being used and you are doing
personal email, you will be asked to give up the computer to a student
who needs to do research.
Why are your computers so slow?
- Our Internet connection is a T1 line through the Los Angeles County
Office of Education, which has many other users besides Rio Hondo
College. Some times of the day are just busier than others! You can
count on it being slower in the peak morning hours, and faster in the
late afternoon and evening.
How do I print from the Internet?
last update: GB,